Thursday, August 1, 2013

Day One....or Green lemonade isn't really that bad!


Day one is almost ended.  It has been okay so far.  I don't have a headache....yet. Hoping for the best on that one! Here is what will be on the menu for days 1-4!

BREAKFAST: Green Lemonade...which is basically water, green, fresh lemon juice and stevia.  For me...it must be COLD. Like, really cold. 
1 cup of gluten-free oats with cinnamon and stevia.

Stevia is a natural plant sweetener that doesn't affect your blood sugar. It's really sweet BUT.....if you use to much it has a horrible bitter aftertaste! Which I did on my oatmeal....lesson learned. 

LUNCH: Baked potato drizzled with flax oil and chopped chives.
 Green lemonade.

DINNER: Hippo soup-which is potatoes, tomatoes, onion, leek,celery and garlic.  No salt.  As much as I want.
Cucumber Tomato Salad-cucumbers, tomatoes and red onion with a little Apple Cider Vinegar and fresh basil. 

A little tip I learned today was this: You can put a tablespoon of Chia seeds in some water and drink it down to lose that hungry feeling in your stomach!  I did it....I like Chia! I bet the gooey-ness would make some of you hurl!

Drinking a ton of water and keeping busy!  Day 2 will be a little easier!  Can't wait for days 5-7....Green Smoothies WITH FRUIT! WooHoo!

2 comments:

  1. Shelly, when you say basically water, green, fresh lemon juice and stevia. Did that mean greens, liks spinach kae etc,,,,?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...I used spinach, but you can use kale, or swiss chard, or whatever you like. :)

      Delete