Wednesday, July 31, 2013

D-Day tomorrow~26 day detox!



Tomorrow is the big day!  Day one of my 26 day detox cleanse.  I am excited and nervous at the same time.  For the first 4 days I drink green smoothies with NO FRUIT!  Just greens, lemon juice and, stevia.  I also will be eating oatmeal, baked potatoes, steamed broccoli and cauliflower, and drinking ALOT of water.  

The purpose of the first week, really, is to get off sugar, caffeine,dairy, gluten, and....SALT!  Oh dear, my beloved salt is out the window for 26 days.   WHY......you ask are you doing this?  I want to feel better!  I feel sluggish, bloated, blech, and my knees hurt. SO....I am taking the challenge to detox from all the junky processed food and clean out my colon, liver, gall bladder, and hopefully get back on track eating real, whole foods!

To support this effort I will also be using some essential oils.

Frankincense-is a favorite because it helps support oxygen levels in the brain. It is an anti-inflammatory and also an analgesic, so it helps with pain and swelling. 

 Peppermint-love the cooling, stimulating, pain relieving power of peppermint. It also helps you feel full to avoid overeating.

Lemon-helps detoxify the body. Supports kidneys and liver, uplifts, and helps the body break down fats. I use it daily in my water.

Cilantro-supports blood sugar levels and is a heavy metal detoxifier. I also use it for my headaches.

Grapefruit-helps with liver and gall bladder function, cravings, antioxidant. I put it in my water too!

Wild Orange-I love wild orange. It smells so good. It lifts your mood, helps your cells function properly, and even helps with digestion.  Another great oil to put in your water.

I am feeling pretty good about what the next 26 days will bring; but I am also very aware of the fact that this is going to be a challenge!  I am ready to take it on!
Keep checking back to see my progress. I plan to journal each day and share the ups and downs!

5 comments:

  1. What is the recipe for the green drink?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! good for you Shelley! In January, I was feeling the same way so February I started my health journey...I read a book that was recommended to me by my Physical Therapist and it changed my life completely. I am now down 50lbs and feel great. I have amazing energy. Just be careful with the Potatoes...and Oatmeal. I completely cut out all gluten and sugar..this was from a six pack of soda a day and fast food everyday. One thing I did was substitute Potato with Jicama..I love baked Jicama! I wish you all the luck in the world..It worked for me..I know it can work for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what was the name of the book that was recommended to you?? just curious. wow baked/cooked jicama I have never tried will need to try that out. thank you, Does the taste change when raw versus baked???? I love jicama

      Delete
    2. Ultra metabolism by Dr. Mark Hyman. It is an eye opener!
      Jicama will not become crunchy when baked...I even fry it in grapeseed oil..It becomes sweeter. I have also baked it with a little garlic and onion powder..olive oil and Parmesan cheese. It is really great and a wonderful alternative to potato. High in fiber. Hubby has gone from diabetic to pre diabetic in 4 months. We have regular potatoes on special occasions,but otherwise it is sweet potato or Jicama.

      Delete
  3. Will you be eating those foods every day? I think that is not a true juice fast then. Or will you wean off those after the first days? I know someone who just completed a 14 day juice fast....all juice. Also how will you be using those essential oils? Drops of them in the juice? or how? I am new to the oils and trying to learn.....thank you!

    ReplyDelete